Photographs

Primary tabs

Photographs: 955 photos

Pages

Gerda Mortensen Hall, groundbreaking ceremony, at east facade of Sivertsen Hall, circa 1955.
Photograph of Gerda Mortensen Hall groundbreaking ceremony. Facing west. At east facade of Sivertsen Hall. Bernhard Christensen is speaking, and George Michaelson is standing to the right of the platform., Identifiable people in photo: Bernhard Christensen, George S. Michaelson (President of Board of Trustees), Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°58′03.0″ W 93°14′20.8″
Gerda Mortensen Hall, south facade and Sivertsen Hall, west facade, facing northeast, circa 1965.
Photograph of Gerda Mortensen Hall and Sivertsen Hall. Facing northeast. Gerda Mortensen Hall built to adjoin Sivertsen., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°58′03.0″ W 93°14′20.2″
Gerda Mortensen Hall, south side of east wing, facing north, circa 1957.
Photograph of Gerda Mortensen Hall, east wing. Facing north., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°58′03.0″ W 93°14′20.2″
Gerda Mortensen Hall, steps to east entrance, 1950s.
Photograph [1950s] of Gerda Mortensen Hall. Steps to east entrance., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°58′03.0″ W 93°14′20.2″
Graduates with the highest marks in scholarship, circa 1936.
Pictured: Dagny Jacobsen, 1928; Jessie Christensen, 1929; Melvin Fossan, 1930; Ruth Hagen, 1931; Anna Pedersen, 1932; Grace Pedersen, 1933; Ruth Skovholt, 1934; Laura Leigh, 1935; John Stensvaag, 1936., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph
Group photograph in front of Old Main (1902-), 1924
Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff sitting in front of Old Main (1902-). George Sverdrup II, Augsburg's President, is seated eighth from the right of the first row. Gerda Mortensen, the first Dean of Women, is seated eleventh from the left. Bernhard Christensen, who would later become Augsburg's President, is seated seventh from the left on the first row. Augsburg first admitted women in 1921., Stitched together from two separate scans with the seam concealed using Photoshop, Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56″ W 93°14′31″
Group photograph in front of Old Main (1902-), 1927
Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff sitting in front of Old Main (1902-). George Sverdrup II, Augsburg's President, is seated in the center of the first row. Gerda Mortensen, the first Dean of Women, is seated fourth from the right on the first row, above the "H. Larson Studio" text. Augsburg first admitted women in 1921., Stitched together from two separate scans with the seam concealed using Photoshop, Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56″ W 93°14′31″
Group photograph in front of Old Main (1902-), 1931
Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff sitting in front of Old Main (1902-). George Sverdrup II, Augsburg's President, is seated eleventh from the right of the first row. Gerda Mortensen, the first Dean of Women, is seated to the left of Sverdrup. Bernhard Christensen, who would later become Augsburg's President, is seated seventh from the right on the first row., Stitched together from two separate scans with the seam concealed using Photoshop, Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56″ W 93°14′31″
Group photograph in front of Old Main (1902-), circa 1918
Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff standing in front of Old Main (1902-). Morton Hall, Old Main (1872-1948), and West Hall are visible., Stitched together from scans of two photographs with Photoshop rendering to conceal the seams, Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56″ W 93°14′31″
Group photograph in front of Old Main (1902-), circa 1937
Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff waving and smiling as they stand on the sidewalk in front of Old Main (1902-). One of the students is crowd-surfing., Stitched together from scans of two photographs with Photoshop rendering to conceal the seams, Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56″ W 93°14′31″
Group photograph in front of Old Main (1902-), circa 1937
Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff seated in front of Old Main (1902-)., Stitched together from scans of two photographs with Photoshop rendering to conceal the seams, Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56″ W 93°14′31″
Gymnasium, construction, facing north, 1947.
Photograph [1947] of the Gymnasium, construction. Facing north., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56.7″ W 93°14′20.4″
Gymnasium, construction, facing north, 1947.
Photograph [1947] of the Gymnasium. Facing north. During construction, framing stage., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56.7″ W 93°14′20.4″
Gymnasium, construction, facing northeast, 1947.
Photograph [1947] of the Gymnasium. Facing northeast. Framing stage of construction., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56.7″ W 93°14′20.4″
Gymnasium, construction, facing southeast, 1947.
Photograph [1947] of the Gymnasium. Facing southeast, from Murphy Square. West side of construction site., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56.7″ W 93°14′20.4″
Gymnasium, construction, facing southeast, 1947.
Photograph [1947] of the Gymnasium, construction. Facing southeast, from Murphy Square., Electronic scan of physical copy of photograph, N 44°57′56.7″ W 93°14′20.4″

Pages