Image of a group of students, faculty, and staff sitting in front of Old Main (1902-). George Sverdrup II, Augsburg's President, is seated eighth from the right of the first row. Gerda Mortensen, the first Dean of Women, is seated eleventh from the left. Bernhard Christensen, who would later become Augsburg's President, is seated seventh from the left on the first row. Augsburg first admitted women in 1921.